Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack is Hiring!
Farmington, New York
We're searching for:
- Year-Round Racing Secretary
- Full-time, Seasonal Race Official
- Year-Round Track Superintendent
Benefits of the job include:
- Live and work in the Finger Lakes region of New York with a great cost of living and great schools.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) matching, paid time off, employee discounts, and more!
Click here to Apply Now!
Woodford County Thoroughbred farm seeks experienced veterinary technician to assist Resident Veterinarian with all aspects of veterinary care.
Pay commensurate with experience, benefits, paid vacation included. Hours vary seasonally. Detailed job description provided to respondents.
Send inquiries, resumes, references to [email protected]
Silver Springs Training is looking to add grooms to its staff at all three divisions (Breaking and Training, Yearling, and Broodmare).
• Applicant must understand that horse health and safety are paramount.
• Applicant must be a team player.
• Opportunity to grow within company.
• Competitive pay.
Apply to: [email protected] or please call (859) 753-4779
Director of Development and Donor Relations
Full-time position located in Lexington, KY (cannot be done remotely)
The Director of Development and Donor Relations is responsible for implementing New Vocations donor development and fundraising strategic plan. Duties include planning and organizing all of the program's fundraising initiatives including, cultivating major gifts, annual giving, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns.
• The ability to passionately represent New Vocations' mission and build strong relationships with its donors
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Possess strong administrative and organizational skills
• Experience working with CRMs and data entry
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 3 years working in professional fundraising
Interested individuals should send their resume to [email protected]
ASSISTANT YEARLING MANAGER
Spendthrift Farm is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Yearling Manager.
Experience working with and caring for yearlings is required and pay will be commensurate with that experience.
Spendthrift offers excellent benefits, including health insurance, vacation, retirement plan matching and a monthly housing allowance for eligible employees.
Please send resumes to [email protected]
Tired of the snow?
Assistant Farm Manager wanted for small broodmare operation in sunny Ocala, Florida.
Must have experience with Reproduction & Yearling Sales Prep.
To apply, please send resume to [email protected]
SARATOGA EXAMINING VETERINARIAN
The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) is seeking a seasonal Examining Veterinarian to work at Saratoga Race Course.
Qualified candidates need to have at least two years experience in equine practice and must hold a DVM, VMD or equivalent degree. Familiarity with thoroughbred racing industry protocols is a plus. This position requires working on site at Saratoga Race Course. A travel stipend will be provided. The successful candidate must hold a current New York State Veterinary license, or have the ability to become licensed. This position requires working on sire at Saratoga Race Course from July 14th, 2021 to September 6th, 2021.
An Examining Veterinarian completes pre-race examinations for horses scheduled to race and makes recommendations to scratch a horse if unsound, injured or ill. In addition, he/she will help to maintain department files documenting examination history of horses running at NYRA. The Examining Veterinarian may also administer Lasix during the Lasix window.
To apply, please email resume to: [email protected]
NYRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HELP WANTED – ASSISTANT STARTER
Seasonal Employment (mid-May through October)
E-mail resume to [email protected]
Office Manager & Sales Assistant Manager
Are you passionate about the Thoroughbred industry? And want to work for the longest continuous running Thoroughbred nursery? A nursery with a storied history of breeding winners over two centuries? Do the names Lady Eli or Collected ring a bell?
Does a workday with variety keep you on your toes and get you excited to go to work? Do you enjoy communication with clients? HFM data entry? Are you a hobby photographer and enjoy taking pictures of mares, foals, and yearlings? Updating our website? Supporting the President and VP of Finance in the day-to-day operations?
About the position
Runnymede Farm is seeking a dynamic, upbeat and efficient Office Manager for a full-time position. During the sales season, this individual will support our President in all aspects of sales execution.
The following skill sets are key for this position:
- Positive attitude & enthusiasm & working well within a team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication skills,
- Computer skills (HFM, MS Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Familiarity with thoroughbred farm processes including but not limited to Jockey Club registration process, vet billing, client billing, sales administration, etc.
- Problem-solving skills and can-do attitude, and great work ethic
- Keep Farm Office organized, efficient and in good working order, including but not limited to keeping organized files, answering calls, and e-mail communication.
- Support Broodmare Manager and Yearling Manager in their administrative tasks (vaccination charts, breeding forms, etc.), orders including management of mare bookings.
- Perform data entry into HFM for billing entries (HDM and Healthbook tablet)
- Assist President and VP of Finance with execution of administrative tasks.
- Work with President to execute breeding contracts follow up with bookings, report foals to Jockey Club, nominations, sales entries, and racing licenses.
- Assist with Client communication (creation of client reports, reporting breeding and racing status).
- Manage the digital portfolio and footprint of the farm including taking pictures of foals, mares, and yearlings; and managing the farm website as well as client portal.
- Plan events for shareholders, investors guests and employee appreciation events, as needed.
- Support any other strategic ventures the farm may pursue in the future.
- Assist the President with the execution of the sales consignment.
- Perform all administrative tasks including but not limited to entry of horses into the sales, gathering of necessary documents, coordination with Broodmare / Yearling Manager amongst others.
Horse Country Support
- Support, coordinate, and lead Horse Country tours on weekdays.
Please send your resume with salary expectations to [email protected]